List of Required Documents
- Letter of Request
- Application Form C
- Three (03) color photographs of the child ( size 2.5cm x 3cm)
- Consular Birth Certificate of the child – Original with a copy
- Citizenship Certificate – Original with a copy. A certified copy of payment receipt for citizenship certificate, if the Citizenship Certificate is not available
- Written consent of mother /father that he/she has no objection to include the child in mother’s / father’s passport
- Marriage Certificate of Parents – Original with a copy
- Parents’ Passports with copies of visa pages and children’s information pages
- If the spouse doesn’t possess a Travel Document an Affidavit confirming the same
- Court resolution / Divorce Certificate certified by the Consular Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of relevant country, if the spouse is a divorcee
- Death Certificate of the spouse certified by the Consular Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of relevant country in case of widow / widower.
- Relevant Fees
- Applicants who have “N” series Passports are advised to obtain separate passports for their children.
- We have been informed by the Department of Immigration & Emigration of Sri Lanka by letter No.OM/02/06/(01) dated 24.04.2006 that parent’s passport series “N” holding pasted photo of a child will be canceled after parent getting back to Sri Lanka and he/she will have to obtain a new passport and pay the relevant fee.
- As a result, there could be problems pertaining to visas stamped on those passports.
- If parents are willing to accept above mentioned conditions and repercussions and confirm by submitting their written consent, the Embassy will paste children’s photographs on their passports.
Separate Travel Documents for Minor Children
A minor under 16 years of age can also apply for a separate travel document if required
List of Required Documents
- Letter of request from parents
- Duly filled application Form C . All the information should be furnished as required in the application.
- Three (03) color photographs (size 3.5 x 4.5 cm) made within last 3 months
- Written consent from mother and father
- Birth certificate of the child
- Birth certificates of parents
- Travel documents of parents, if they don’t possess travel documents then an affidavit confirming same should be provided
- If the child is born abroad section 5(2) Certificate of Citizenship issued under the Citizenship Act for an adopted child certificate of adoption
- Court order
- A letter from the Commissioner of Probation and Child Care, if the foster parents are of foreign nationals
- Relevant Fees for new passport
Note: 5-11 of listed above should be submitted in original with photocopies
It is compulsory for both Father and Mother to present at the office of the Department of Immigration & Emigration when applying for passports for children under 16 years.
In case one of the parents is not in Sri Lanka at the time of applying for passports for children under 16 years and/or when submitting application to the Embassy, a parent should attend personally the Embassy and the consent letter from absent parent should be given to the Embassy for authorization.
The Consular Department is open to the public from 9.00 to 16.00 hours.
|from 09.00 to 12.30 hours
|– Documents Acceptance
|from 14.00 to 16.00 hours
|– Issuance of Documents