TOURIST VISIT VISA
Citizens from the countries listed in (Polish/ Bulgarian and Romanian citizens included) shall be granted landing visa for 30 days at the port of entry in Sri Lanka if they fulfill the following requirements:
- Purpose of visit should be tourism
- Return air ticket
- Sufficient funds to cover the period of stay in Sri Lanka
- Hotel reservation voucher
- A valid travel document should cover the period of more than 06 (six) months from the date of departure from Sri Lanka according to the regulations of Immigrant and Emigrant Act of Sri Lanka.
Two(02) months extension beyond 30 days can be granted by the Department of Immigration & Emigration (Head Office) in Sri Lanka by paying relevant fee. However further extension shall only be considered with valid reasons. This restriction will not be applicable for Ex-Sri Lankans.
Nationals of countries not listed in Schedule A and also the bona fide tourists visiting Sri Lanka for any other than tourism purpose should obtain prior Visit visas/Entry visas from Sri Lankan Embassy.
Issuing Visit Visa by the Embassy
- Visa Application Form B
- Valid Passport with a copy (validity of Passport should cover a period of 06 months from the date of departure from Sri Lanka)
- Return air ticket or travel itinerary with a copy
- Hotel reservation voucher /confirmation of hotel reservation or the invitation from Sri Lankan party for the whole period
- Documents to prove financial background such as travelers cheques, currency, credit card, Bank statement
- Two color photographs (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm)
- Written consent of father and/or mother (as applicable) with child’s birth certificate when applying for visa for minor children
- Relevant Fees (Schedule B).
The Consular Section is open to the public from 09.00 to 16.00 hours