MULTIPLE ENTRY VISA
Applicants should obtain prior approval from the Department of Immigration & Emigration for Multiple Entries by submitting required documents through the sponsor. They should provide the letter of approval issued by the Department of Immigration & Emigration along with other required documents to the Embassy for obtaining Visit visa.
The Mission will grant visa for multiple entries for the period of 03 months or as instructions given by the Department of Immigration and Emigration when granting approval. Applicants can apply for extension of their visas to the Department of Immigration & Emigration upon arrival. However for requesting the extension the applicant shall have acceptable reasons.
Each stay in the country can not exceed the three (03) months period.
Any foreigner who visits Sri Lanka for the purpose of business promotion, business discussion, consultancy, inspection of quality of goods, installation of foreign purchased equipment etc. on several occasions within a year may be eligible for a Multiple Entry Visa.
Any foreigner who visits Sri Lanka for the purpose of seeking investment opportunities, inspecting investment in Sri Lanka etc. on several occasions within a year may be eligible for a Multiple Entry Visa.
Issuing Multiple Entry Visa by the Embassy
List of Required Documents
- Visa Application Form B
- Letter of approval issued by the Department of Immigration & Emigration.
- Valid Passport with a copy – passport should be valid for more than six (06) months from the date of departure from Sri Lanka.
- Three (03) color photographs of the applicant. (Bust size approximately 3.5 x 4.5 cm)
- Documentary proof of purpose of Multiple Entry visit. (Invitation)
- Evidence of the financial status of the applicant.
- A written assurance to return to the country of domicile (for example, return air ticket).
- Finger prints of applicant if necessary.
- Relevant Fees (when applying for 12 months multiple entry visa from the Department of Immigration and Emigration the applicant should pay triple the quantum of visit visa fee listed in Schedule B plus tax Rs. 10,000/-.
- Requirements mentioned in p.5 to p.9 (see above) will be considered as per the approval granted by the Department of Immigration & Emigration of Sri Lanka.
The Consular Department is open to the public from 10.00 to 16.00 hours.
|from 9.00 to 12.30 hours||– Documents Acceptance|
|from 14.00 to 16.00 hours||– Issuance of Documents|