Marriage between two Sri Lankan Citizens
- Both parties should produce an affidavit at the presence of Justice of Peace/Attorney at Law confirming their Unmarried status.
- This Unmarried Certificate/Affidavit should be endorsed by the Consular Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Colombo 01, Sri Lanka
Marriage between a Sri Lankan citizen and non – Sri Lankan Citizen
- Bachelor Certificates should be obtained by the Sri Lanka Citizen (Procedure is same as the above.)
- The other party to the marriage is required to obtain a Bachelor Certificate from the Embassy of his/her country.
NOTE: If your marriage is registered in this Embassy and if you need to obtain a copy of your marriage certificate, you have to submit following documents with the relevant fee.
- Letter of Request (format for a copy of a Marriage Certificate
- Application for obtaining a copy of a marriage certificate
- Copy of current Passport and visa