List of Required Documents
- Letter of request (Word)
- Registration ID issued by the Embassy
- Duly filled application Form K with the annexure for photos and signatures. All the information should be furnished as required in the application
- Declaration on Form D
- Three color photographs (3.5 X 4.5 cm). Both ears should appear and the background of the picture should not be black or dark.
- A Police report regarding the lost of passport
- Copy of the lost Passport with visa and alterations pages (if available)
- Sufficient proof for visa or residence in Poland / Romania / Bulgaria
- Original Birth Certificate countersigned by the Consular Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Sri Lanka with a copy. Translations of birth certificates will not be considered as originals.
- National Identity Card with copies of both sides
- The applicant should personally come to hand over the application
- Marriage Certificate (If required to change the maiden name)
- Professional certificate with a copy if the applicant requires the profession to be included in his/her passport. This document should be issued by the relevant authority (for example, for medical practitioners – Registration certificate of the Medical Council of Sri Lanka. If the applicant is not registered in the Medical Council of Sri Lanka but working as a medical practitioner in a hospital of the country of domicile, he/she can submit a letter obtained from the director of the relevant hospital with the certification of the Ministry of Health of appropriate country. For other professionals a letter obtained from the employer indicating the profession of the applicant should also be provided. For students a letter from the university to specify the specialty in the passport, it should be authenticated by the Consular Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the relevant country. Otherwise the profession will not be included.
- Citizenship Certificate if the applicant is a citizen by registration
- If the application is made after more than one year from the date of expiry of the current passport, applicant is required to submit an official document from the immigration office of the country of domicile confirming the residential status of the applicant
- Relevant Fees
Note: All applications for new passports have to be forwarded to the Controller, Immigration & Emigration, the only authority responsible for issuing passports, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Sri Lanka. This process may take approximately from 06 to 08 weeks.
The following is considered as punishable offence: if found guilty upon prosecution imprisonment for the period from 06 months up to 5 years a fine of Rs. 50,000 – Rs. 200,000 can be imposed.
- Submission of falsified or forged document/s to obtain a travel document
- Applying for a travel document while possessing such a document and/or possessing more than one valid travel document simultaneously
Dispatch of a Sri Lanka travel document through the post, courier or another person from/to Sri Lanka without the prior approval of the Controller. For approval written request (in duplicate), courier letter (in duplicate), and the passport should be forwarded to the “Suhurupaya”, Sri Subhuthipura Road, Battaramulla, Sri Lanka.
The Consular Department is open to the public from 10.00 to 16.00 hours.
|from 9.00 to 12.30 hours||– Documents Acceptance|
|from 14.00 to 16.00 hours||– Issuance of Documents|