Colombo, Sri Lanka – June 12th, 2023: The Colombo Port City Economic Commission (the “Commission”) would like to announce an invitation for Expressions of Interest, in line with the objectives of developing and improving the area of education, with a need to proceed with identifying possible investors for developing an International University within Colombo Port City.
The Development Control Regulations (DCR) has identified a specific plot for this purpose and similar to the requirements for investors in the School and Hospital projects, the Commission seeks an investor with a globally recognized brand and world-class standards for the International University.
The following guidelines outline the requirements for submitting an Expression of Interest to the Commission, to establish an International University within Colombo Port City:
- The International University is to be established within the Colombo Port City, to consist of faculties in the areas such as business, accounting, finance, banking information technology, engineering, and medicine.
- The International University together with the faculties to be established should be globally ranked, and at the minimum operate programs that issue diplomas, and Undergraduate and Postgraduate certifications.
- The International University is to position itself as a regional facility in support of the vision of the government to promote Colombo as an educational hub.
- The developer of the International University should have in place agreements with the selected International University which ensures that the International University and ensure the faculties established within the Colombo Port City would have the same branding.
- The development of the International University is to commence within 6 months of executing the appropriate agreements with the Colombo Port City Economic Commission.
- The quality assurance of all programs managed by the International University is to be in line with what is offered on their campuses overseas.
Interested parties are invited to submit their EOI by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage the submission of EOI within three months of the publication date to receive priority consideration. Should any additional information or clarifications be required, kindly reach out to the same email address.